scientist reveal exercises that will make you live longer
Physical fitness is a measure of the body’s ability to function efficiently and effectively in work and leisure activities, to be healthy, to resist hypokinetic diseases, and to meet emergency situations.
Daily 7 fitness tools
The Marine Corps Daily 7 exercises are a set of calisthenic exercises once used by the Marine Corps as part of the physical training (PT) program.
A fitness program improves a person in all aspects of fitness, rather than one, such as only cardio/respiratory endurance or only weight training.
- an 880-yard “Movement to Contact” run in boots and utility pants.
- two minutes of lifting a 30-pound ammo can over the head, earning 1–2 points for each number done in the time limit.
- the “Maneuver Under Fire” drill is part obstacle course, part conditioning, and part combat test:
- 10-yard sprint
- 15-yard crawl (low then high crawl)
- hauling a simulated casualty using two different carries: drag and fireman’s carry over 75 yards zigzaging through cones
- sprint while carrying two 30-pound ammo cans over 75 yards through the same cones
- 5 pushups and a sprint with the ammo cans to the finish line